MC is disappointed in the Lt. Colonel. We supported candidates who lost at State Central but MC would never think to characterize Sutton, Brodkorb or Sturrock as "rabid, power hungry ideologues." And we've actually been threatened with a lawsuit by the RPM. Click here for background. Consequently MC thinks it knows something about being on the receiving end of the stick.
Petulance is not leadership Lt. Colonel and as you might say to a subordinate: suck it up. Unfortunately, in an ego-driven, selfish and cringe-inducing piece you take leave of the party you otherwise supported vigorously in a manner that brings you no honor. But the Lt. Colonel is said to be moving to Florida soon. For him to publish this piece is the opposite of courageous; it is cowardice.
Somewhere, his article repeatedly states in its conclusion, is a party for this and for that. Somewhere indeed; let us know how things are once you're over the rainbow, Joe. As for MC and others, we're not giving up.
That said, MC is aware of reports that Nate Hansen took leave of what is left of his senses and sent an email to Joe that is highly offensive. MC has tried to contact Nate for confirmation but has not yet heard back from him. MC has heard from other sources that the below was, in fact, what he wrote to Bolting Joe Repya. MC stands ready to correct the record and to give our frequent critic and friend Nate a full chance to respond should the email be shown not to be his. Herewith:
"I am Deputy Chair of the Fourth Congressional District and one of the newer anti-war Republican activists. It's difficult for words to describe how happy I am that you are leaving our Party. The roots of your "neconservative" philosophy lie in Straussian Trotzkyite [sic] Communism. "Corporate money" influencing our Party? Nothing compared to the damage your military industrial complex (that Eisenhower warned us about) has wreaked on our Party and our Country.I hope you will find a happy home among your fellow communists. Your days of endless illegal wars and military industrial complex domination of our party are over.Obama is ramping up his War in Afghanistan and continues to illegally bomb Pakistan. Perhaps you can join him to satiate your bloodlust."
Nate has commented several times on blog posts here and MC has published every one without change. We welcome criticism. We hope Nate does too because here goes:
1. Don't use your title unless you have permission to speak on behalf of the group from/of which you got said title.
2. You are a newer anti-war Republican? What or who would be an older anti-war Republican? Cindy Sheehan?
3. Joe is leaving "your" party? As a Libertarian carpet bagger into the RPM, MC finds this amusing. We are not yet willing to concede it is your party and we have implicit faith in your ability to self-destruct. Indeed, at some point MC thinks you'll get vexed enough to write your own swan song and give it to the drive by media with which to savage Republicans. Then full of smug satisfaction you'll schlep back to the Libertarian Party. Endless regression!
4. It's Trotskyite. Learn to spell. Better, learn to think. Repya follows Trotsky? Please, you're killing us.
5. We're glad Nate discounts corporate money. MC will too once it gets a bunch. We prefer cheerful political whores to sullen ones. Otherwise, why bother to whore?
6. The damage the military/industrial complex has wreacked upon our country? Left unsaid, counselor. You should explicate and not declaim.
7. Fellow communists? You're just batshit crazy!
8. Illegal wars? Care to name some legal ones so we can compare and contrast? Belief does not give one license for suspending thought.
9. Oh, now it's Obama's war in Afghanistan? Well this is change MC can believe in!
MC is taking the high road here: our new Party leadership deserves a serious chance to live up to their campaign promises. Can we not be a circular firing squad? MC's people lost; we now support those who won. Why?
Because we want Republicans in Minnesota to win elected office. Or have we forgotten that is the goal?
UPDATE: Our fearless friend Nate confirms that what was posted above is, in fact, his very own jargon-filled reply to Boltin' Joe Repya. We like stand up people; ergo we like Nate in the face of him calling us, well, almost anything. Below are emails we received to authenticate what we posted above. MC might be knuckle-dragging mouth breathers but we do strive for authenticity.
show details 7:46 PM (43 minutes ago)
You bet it came from me. You should suit of with Repya and bring some freedom to Iran.
- Show quoted text -
On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 5:01 PM, John Gilmore <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
The below is going around the net and be attributed to you.
Did you email this to Joe Repya? People are saying so
but I'm telling them no one has checked with you.
"I am Deputy Chair of the Fourth Congressional District and one of the newer anti-war Republican activists. It's difficult for words to describe how happy I am that you are leaving our Party. The roots of your "neconservative" philosophy lie in Straussian Trotzkyite Communism. "Corporate money" influencing our Party? Nothing compared to the damage your military industrial complex (that Eisenhower warned us about) has wreaked on our Party and our Country.I hope you will find a happy home among your fellow communists. Your days of endless illegal wars and military industrial complex domination of our party are over.Obama is ramping up his War in Afghanistan and continues to illegally bomb Pakistan. Perhaps you can join him to satiate your bloodlust."
Invite Nathan Hansen to chat
7:46 PM (43 minutes ago)
I posted it as a comment to his whiny, crazy and libelous op-ed on the Pioneer Press.
show details 7:48 PM (41 minutes ago)